Wordup to my kin. How are you all? Que honda? I am glad that you all sent me an e-mail. I quite enjoy them and laugh right out loud while I'm reading them. Well, another week has come and gone. I am feeling good about things.
Guess what I did today? I played golf. It was amazing. There is a member who works at the golf course and he hooked us up. It was pretty hysterical watching the latinos play golf.....they should definitely stick with soccer.
Me and my companion are in charge of making a video of the zone for the annual Christmas video that they do, so that should be interesting. There's an airport really close to the area so we might do something at the airport. Me and my companion filmed our companionship part at the golf course. I layed down with a golf tee in my mouth and my companion acted like he hit it in the video and then the camera focuses on the spot where I was laying down and the only thing that you see is my shirt, tie, and nametag. So it seems like he hit my head off. It's pretty funny.
I beat my companion in chess last week. He is pretty good. He won 2 games and I won the 1. After I won I told him that I'm not playing anymore and that I'm going out on top. Haha. It wasn't really that fun though because he didn't get bugged. He's really relaxed and un-stressed. We shall play again today and I will beat him again.
My companion and some other missionaries did a retarded prank to me last week. The missionaries in one area said that they have an old man in their area who is really hard-hearted and he is the only one in his family that isn't member and said that I should go talk with him. So they took me to his house and the guy started saying Joseph Smith is our founder, the Book of Mormon is something he made up, we make money for baptizing people, we are preaching a lie.
I was talking with him and trying to help him realize how important the BOM was and that he needed to read it and pray about it. He was saying that he is never going to read it because he has the Bible and a ton of other anti-mormon stuff and then all of a sudden said "Who is the ZL here?" I thought to myself, "How does he even know what a "ZL" is?" And he goes on to quote a story in the BOM. I just started laughing. He is a member that loves to mess with missionaries and pretend to be some hardcore evangelist. My companion busted out laughing and the other 2 missionaries who were with us. Haha. I was getting pretty worked up at it though.
I have a cell phone as ZL. I am large and in charge now. I feel kind of weird with a cell phone though. The APs call, president has called. It is strange.
We are trying to find more people to teach right now. We don't have too many people to teach right now. We have a couple new people who went to church last week. They are 2 young gals of 18 and 19 years old. One is 19 and already has a 6 month old baby. We just barely started teaching them last week. We contacted them while we were waiting for Baleadas.
We are also teaching a couple that need to get married, but they are from a town that is WAY FAR away. So they have been to church 5 or 6 times now, but can't get baptized because they're not married. Another headache marriage. They are such a pain in Honduras. You have to get a document that certifies they're single and it can only be retrieved in the town where the person was born.
We are also teaching a lady who works at a hospital. She was going to get baptized many years ago and was in the baptismal font, but didn't get baptized because a member that was watching the baptism did something she didn't like. So she chose not to get baptized. And she was in the baptismal suit and everything. The problem with her is that she doesn't go to church. She needs to go one more time and can't usually go because sometimes the hospital calls her in because they need her to work.
I love you ALOT!!!!!
Elder Goodwin
Guess what I did today? I played golf. It was amazing. There is a member who works at the golf course and he hooked us up. It was pretty hysterical watching the latinos play golf.....they should definitely stick with soccer.
Me and my companion are in charge of making a video of the zone for the annual Christmas video that they do, so that should be interesting. There's an airport really close to the area so we might do something at the airport. Me and my companion filmed our companionship part at the golf course. I layed down with a golf tee in my mouth and my companion acted like he hit it in the video and then the camera focuses on the spot where I was laying down and the only thing that you see is my shirt, tie, and nametag. So it seems like he hit my head off. It's pretty funny.
I beat my companion in chess last week. He is pretty good. He won 2 games and I won the 1. After I won I told him that I'm not playing anymore and that I'm going out on top. Haha. It wasn't really that fun though because he didn't get bugged. He's really relaxed and un-stressed. We shall play again today and I will beat him again.
My companion and some other missionaries did a retarded prank to me last week. The missionaries in one area said that they have an old man in their area who is really hard-hearted and he is the only one in his family that isn't member and said that I should go talk with him. So they took me to his house and the guy started saying Joseph Smith is our founder, the Book of Mormon is something he made up, we make money for baptizing people, we are preaching a lie.
I was talking with him and trying to help him realize how important the BOM was and that he needed to read it and pray about it. He was saying that he is never going to read it because he has the Bible and a ton of other anti-mormon stuff and then all of a sudden said "Who is the ZL here?" I thought to myself, "How does he even know what a "ZL" is?" And he goes on to quote a story in the BOM. I just started laughing. He is a member that loves to mess with missionaries and pretend to be some hardcore evangelist. My companion busted out laughing and the other 2 missionaries who were with us. Haha. I was getting pretty worked up at it though.
I have a cell phone as ZL. I am large and in charge now. I feel kind of weird with a cell phone though. The APs call, president has called. It is strange.
We are trying to find more people to teach right now. We don't have too many people to teach right now. We have a couple new people who went to church last week. They are 2 young gals of 18 and 19 years old. One is 19 and already has a 6 month old baby. We just barely started teaching them last week. We contacted them while we were waiting for Baleadas.
We are also teaching a couple that need to get married, but they are from a town that is WAY FAR away. So they have been to church 5 or 6 times now, but can't get baptized because they're not married. Another headache marriage. They are such a pain in Honduras. You have to get a document that certifies they're single and it can only be retrieved in the town where the person was born.
We are also teaching a lady who works at a hospital. She was going to get baptized many years ago and was in the baptismal font, but didn't get baptized because a member that was watching the baptism did something she didn't like. So she chose not to get baptized. And she was in the baptismal suit and everything. The problem with her is that she doesn't go to church. She needs to go one more time and can't usually go because sometimes the hospital calls her in because they need her to work.
I love you ALOT!!!!!
Elder Goodwin

No comments:
Post a Comment