ATTENTION
Elder Goodwin will return home from Honduras on Thursday, June 30. His mission report will be on Sunday, July 10 at 1:00 PM at the church on Greenslake Drive. All are welcome to attend.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10.25.10

Well now, the moment you've all been waiting for.......I had a change. I am not in Los Almendros anymore. I'll give you a few clues to see if you can guess where I'm at.....I am somewhere in Honduras.......it's hot..........there's pulperias........there's baleadas........there is a church.......I have a new companion.........I am living in a house.........hahahaha. Ok, I'll quit torturing you all. I was called as zone leader in Planeta, La Lima. The zone is La Lima. There are 14 missionaries in the zone.

You are my family and you know me. I am STRESSED! OVERWHELMED! I am feeling a lot of pressure. But I know that I will be able to do it with the Lord's help. I just need to kneel down and plead for his guidance. And I know that I will be ok. But wow! Zone leader! I would appreciate the prayers you all can offer for my behalf.

New responsibilities: receive the reports from each District Leader every night, call the assistants, reimburse the money for every missionary in the zone for transportation, make financial reports, teach the zone how to be good missionaries, solve and handle problems in the zone (companionship isn't getting along, an elder broke a big rule, etc, etc), set up splits when needed, make good goals, see those goals through, love and understand each missionary, etc, etc, etc. I also am going to start using a cell phone.

The zone is in La Lima as I said. They haven't been sending me to very far areas. I've been pretty close. My new companion's name is Elder Gonzalez. He is cool. He is from Argentina. He was born in Argentina but grew up in Paraguay. He is in his last change right now. You know how they call the greenie's sons? Well, when another missionary is with a companion who is in his last change, they say that "he's killing him." So I'm going to kill him. He's going to die in 5 weeks. He knows alot and is pretty laid back. They called him as ZL when he had been in the mission for 1 year.

So the change meeting went pretty good. Elder Southwick has a latino companion. He is staying in Los Almendros. He was a pretty good son. I had 2 really good sons. Rivas and Southwick. I love them both and they both taught me a lot. But guess who is training now? ELDER RIVAS! WOOT!!!! He has his own kid now. So that means that his kid is my grandson. He is pilas. Awesome. I'll put some pics of that on walmart.com. I hope you're all checking that site out.

We had a baptism last Saturday. He is 10 years old and was a baptism that Gonzalez and his previous companion prepared.

I cried like a baby when I said goodbye to the one of my families. We started by singing a hymn, God be With Till we Meet Again. Bad decision. I was crying by the 3rd verse. I tried talking to them and telling them a few things after the prayer and I just couldn't even talk I was crying so hard. I love that family a lot. I left a poster of the temple. a CD with all the hymns on it, a hymn book, and a Bible with them and wrote them my address.

I told them to call me when they go to the temple for their sealing because I would love to be there. The mom and the son were in tears too. But every single member of that family has a big heart. I will definitely hold a place for them in my heart for the rest of my life.

I said goodbye to quite a few investigators and converts and it was neat in each one. I told them to keep going forward and not to look back. One guy, who was baptized about 3 weeks told me that he'd like to go on a mission and serve for the Lord. He has the aaronic priesthood and is preparing to receive the melchezidueck priesthood. That would be really neat if he goes on a mission.

Southwick and I had a lot of possibilities when I left. We left a baptismal date for the a family for last Saturday. I really hope they were baptized. We also left a wedding and a baptism for this weekend and there are a ton of other possibilities that can get baptized for this weekend too. So I feel pretty good about the efforts of Los Almendros.

Now, I have a new challenge ahead of me. Planeta. The Lima Zone. I hope to continue working my tail off and have a lot of good experiences. I know the Lord has got our back. I love you all and am very grateful for your support. Please be praying for me this week. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment