Hello the fam dam,
I did find 2 really good pairs of shoes last week though. Thomas Mcaines and Rockports. Really cheap too, because it's stuff sent from the US. It's just slightly defective, so they sent it to the Honduras.
So let me tell you about the Hurricane. We were all underground with all the people of the Almendros waiting out the storm. I heard that there was a little kid that was missing so me and Elder Southwick heroicly confronted the storm and ran out to save her. Roofs were falling off and flying towards us, rain was pounding us, but we had to go get the girl. So we got her and she is all safe now......NOT! That had you going though, right?
I was extremely, extremely disappointed because it's not going to affect us in this area of Hondruas. It is only going to affect those by beaches, the islands, and Gracias A Dios. Lame, huh? I want to experience a Hurricane.
Last week I went on divisions with an Elder who has only been here for 2 weeks. I pulled a really funny prank on him. I like to run back and forth on our patio in the morning to do my exercise, and I do it quite often. So I got up the next morning, got my running shoes on, got dressed, and then said to him, "OK Elder Webb, I'm heading out, I'll be back in 20 minutes." It freaked him out pretty bad and he hurried and ran to the door to see if I was serious and to see if I was actually going to leave him alone in the house. But no, I was just teasing him. All I did was run back and forth on the patio for about 15-20 minutes.
This last week, we had the baptism of one of our investigators. I feel really good about this month. We met the goal of 7 baptisms. She said ever since we started visitng her, she has just felt happy and glad. She reads the BOM and is really smart. She is 11 years old. She has another brother who we are working with who will be baptized in October. He is 17.
It was a very great week in finding families too. We found so many new families. Wow, we were blessed. We found a complete family of 6. They are so cool. Their kids are sooooooooooo freaking cute. They just cannot stop grinning and looking at us when we are at their house. They are darling. How did we find them? Well, we were teaching a lady who is maso menos, not too interested, and the Mom happened to be there when we taught her. She later told us that she wants her kids to be baptized and wants to be married.
So we went to her house and taught them. She also explained to us that she has been wanting to go to a church and has been praying to find a good church for her family. She is really sincere and interested and we have definitely felt the spirit with them. We just taught them the first lesson last week and they came to church. The whole family was ready EARLY. The word "early" hardly even exists in Honduras and most people start getting ready at the very last minute. So I'm really excited about them. The wife said that we explain things good and that it's correct and that the church meeting was very good. They're not married though. So we will have to get them married. Their kids are really little. We walked them to church and the tiny kid grabbed my hand with her cute, little hand. It was so cute.
We have another family who has now been to church 3 time. Get this. One is only 17 years old and she has a 2 and half year old baby. That means she got pregnant when she was 13! WOW! We're in the process of helping them get married right now. They will be baptized in October too.
We had a hardcore Evangalist lady come to one of our appointments last week. A family invited a teacher or pastor or something and a few members from the church they go to to be in the lesson. We started talking about prophets and the characteristics that prophets have and she goes, "We are all prophets if we have knowledge from the Bible." All of us are prophets. And so I just pulled out my keys that I have to our house and asked her if I could open her house door with the keys I had. She's like no, because only my key will fit inside. And then I told her that only those called of God have his keys to administer and preach the ordinances in the Gospel. We all don't have them.
And then she started looking through the Bible for bashing scriptures and said, look what it says her, "Find my lost sheep." That's what WE do, we find the lost sheep of Jesus, we don't preach to those who already know the things of God and who are already good." And she is talking to us in a defiant tone and yelling basically. So by then we just saw all she was doing is contending so we just told her, "Alright, good job. We aren't here to contend, we're here to teach. And then turned our attention to the family we had made the appointment with. Because they seemed interested and sincere and weren't really paying attention to the lady. The dumb lady came and started contending out of nowhere. But the guy in the family we were teaching asked questions at the beginning of the lessons about the BOM so we are going to visit them again this week and get him a BOM.
It was kind of frustrating too because before the lady came, we were getting into the lesson and feeling the fruts of the spirit, but after her questions and presence, the spirit was withdrawn. We'll have to go back to that familys house this week though.
We also have another lady we're working with. She is going to church, the activities, everything. She isn't married. But she is willing to get married. Her husband really isn't too interested in getting married or going to church. He just lays down and rests and watches TV when he's not working. But she fills out all the questions in the pamphlets we give her, participates in the class, gives prayers, reads the BOM, she is really excited about things. She was mentioning the desire to get married the other day with us and asking us how long it would take, asking us about the papers, etc. She said she would really like to do it in order to get baptized in the church. But she said she is going to have to convince her husband first. We've taught them both about the Law of Chastity and the husband really isn't interested in too many things other than watching TV and laying down. Her son is already baptized. It's one of the converts I have here.
I think being a missiony has made me realize what a marvellous blessing that is to be able to return to our Father. But it doesn't just happen. It takes preparation and dilligence. We have to keep his commandments dilligently, not just once in a while or when we feel like it. And we have to motivitate and invite the rest of the family to do so as well. We have to learn more about Jesus Christ and his Gospel because Jesus showed us the perfect example. As we learn more about Him, we will better be able to follow His perfect example. He knows us inside and out. He has a perfect love for each and every one of us. I think if we try and see others through his eyes, we can truly make a difference in their lives. Our words will be the Saviors, and our acts His.
He lives and knows our pains. He has suffered for our sins. He truly has borne our griefs. And has triumphantly risen. A truly selfless sacrifice. I testify to you all that he is beaming with joy when we keep His and the Father's commandments because we move ourselves closer and closer to his spirit and closer and closer towards a place in His kingdom, and there we will live in a state of never-ending happiness. Mosiah 2:41. NEVER-ENDING!
One thing that the seventy said to us last week that really stuck out to me was, "If we TRULY love someone, we receive more revelation from the Lord on how we can render specific help to that person." In other words, the Lord guides us in order to help that person become familiar with the Gospel. We cannot force anyone to live the Gospel or accept it, but we can always lovingly serve them and invite them to do so. "People don't care about how much we know until they know how much we care." I love you so much.
Elder Goodwin
I did find 2 really good pairs of shoes last week though. Thomas Mcaines and Rockports. Really cheap too, because it's stuff sent from the US. It's just slightly defective, so they sent it to the Honduras.
So let me tell you about the Hurricane. We were all underground with all the people of the Almendros waiting out the storm. I heard that there was a little kid that was missing so me and Elder Southwick heroicly confronted the storm and ran out to save her. Roofs were falling off and flying towards us, rain was pounding us, but we had to go get the girl. So we got her and she is all safe now......NOT! That had you going though, right?
I was extremely, extremely disappointed because it's not going to affect us in this area of Hondruas. It is only going to affect those by beaches, the islands, and Gracias A Dios. Lame, huh? I want to experience a Hurricane.
Last week I went on divisions with an Elder who has only been here for 2 weeks. I pulled a really funny prank on him. I like to run back and forth on our patio in the morning to do my exercise, and I do it quite often. So I got up the next morning, got my running shoes on, got dressed, and then said to him, "OK Elder Webb, I'm heading out, I'll be back in 20 minutes." It freaked him out pretty bad and he hurried and ran to the door to see if I was serious and to see if I was actually going to leave him alone in the house. But no, I was just teasing him. All I did was run back and forth on the patio for about 15-20 minutes.
This last week, we had the baptism of one of our investigators. I feel really good about this month. We met the goal of 7 baptisms. She said ever since we started visitng her, she has just felt happy and glad. She reads the BOM and is really smart. She is 11 years old. She has another brother who we are working with who will be baptized in October. He is 17.
It was a very great week in finding families too. We found so many new families. Wow, we were blessed. We found a complete family of 6. They are so cool. Their kids are sooooooooooo freaking cute. They just cannot stop grinning and looking at us when we are at their house. They are darling. How did we find them? Well, we were teaching a lady who is maso menos, not too interested, and the Mom happened to be there when we taught her. She later told us that she wants her kids to be baptized and wants to be married.
So we went to her house and taught them. She also explained to us that she has been wanting to go to a church and has been praying to find a good church for her family. She is really sincere and interested and we have definitely felt the spirit with them. We just taught them the first lesson last week and they came to church. The whole family was ready EARLY. The word "early" hardly even exists in Honduras and most people start getting ready at the very last minute. So I'm really excited about them. The wife said that we explain things good and that it's correct and that the church meeting was very good. They're not married though. So we will have to get them married. Their kids are really little. We walked them to church and the tiny kid grabbed my hand with her cute, little hand. It was so cute.
We have another family who has now been to church 3 time. Get this. One is only 17 years old and she has a 2 and half year old baby. That means she got pregnant when she was 13! WOW! We're in the process of helping them get married right now. They will be baptized in October too.
We had a hardcore Evangalist lady come to one of our appointments last week. A family invited a teacher or pastor or something and a few members from the church they go to to be in the lesson. We started talking about prophets and the characteristics that prophets have and she goes, "We are all prophets if we have knowledge from the Bible." All of us are prophets. And so I just pulled out my keys that I have to our house and asked her if I could open her house door with the keys I had. She's like no, because only my key will fit inside. And then I told her that only those called of God have his keys to administer and preach the ordinances in the Gospel. We all don't have them.
And then she started looking through the Bible for bashing scriptures and said, look what it says her, "Find my lost sheep." That's what WE do, we find the lost sheep of Jesus, we don't preach to those who already know the things of God and who are already good." And she is talking to us in a defiant tone and yelling basically. So by then we just saw all she was doing is contending so we just told her, "Alright, good job. We aren't here to contend, we're here to teach. And then turned our attention to the family we had made the appointment with. Because they seemed interested and sincere and weren't really paying attention to the lady. The dumb lady came and started contending out of nowhere. But the guy in the family we were teaching asked questions at the beginning of the lessons about the BOM so we are going to visit them again this week and get him a BOM.
It was kind of frustrating too because before the lady came, we were getting into the lesson and feeling the fruts of the spirit, but after her questions and presence, the spirit was withdrawn. We'll have to go back to that familys house this week though.
We also have another lady we're working with. She is going to church, the activities, everything. She isn't married. But she is willing to get married. Her husband really isn't too interested in getting married or going to church. He just lays down and rests and watches TV when he's not working. But she fills out all the questions in the pamphlets we give her, participates in the class, gives prayers, reads the BOM, she is really excited about things. She was mentioning the desire to get married the other day with us and asking us how long it would take, asking us about the papers, etc. She said she would really like to do it in order to get baptized in the church. But she said she is going to have to convince her husband first. We've taught them both about the Law of Chastity and the husband really isn't interested in too many things other than watching TV and laying down. Her son is already baptized. It's one of the converts I have here.
I think being a missiony has made me realize what a marvellous blessing that is to be able to return to our Father. But it doesn't just happen. It takes preparation and dilligence. We have to keep his commandments dilligently, not just once in a while or when we feel like it. And we have to motivitate and invite the rest of the family to do so as well. We have to learn more about Jesus Christ and his Gospel because Jesus showed us the perfect example. As we learn more about Him, we will better be able to follow His perfect example. He knows us inside and out. He has a perfect love for each and every one of us. I think if we try and see others through his eyes, we can truly make a difference in their lives. Our words will be the Saviors, and our acts His.
He lives and knows our pains. He has suffered for our sins. He truly has borne our griefs. And has triumphantly risen. A truly selfless sacrifice. I testify to you all that he is beaming with joy when we keep His and the Father's commandments because we move ourselves closer and closer to his spirit and closer and closer towards a place in His kingdom, and there we will live in a state of never-ending happiness. Mosiah 2:41. NEVER-ENDING!
One thing that the seventy said to us last week that really stuck out to me was, "If we TRULY love someone, we receive more revelation from the Lord on how we can render specific help to that person." In other words, the Lord guides us in order to help that person become familiar with the Gospel. We cannot force anyone to live the Gospel or accept it, but we can always lovingly serve them and invite them to do so. "People don't care about how much we know until they know how much we care." I love you so much.
Elder Goodwin

No comments:
Post a Comment