ATTENTION
Elder Goodwin will return home from Honduras on Thursday, June 30. His mission report will be on Sunday, July 10 at 1:00 PM at the church on Greenslake Drive. All are welcome to attend.

Monday, September 20, 2010

09.20.10

I have got some great news for you all. This last week, we had 2 weddings and 4 baptisms. I was very happy about it all. One of our families were all baptized last Friday. It was a great day. I baptized the mom and dad of the family and I about dropped the mom, it was a bit nerve-racking.

It was a stressful week, but it turned out well and I felt very happy in the baptismal service. All the hard work we have put in with them has now paid off. The Mom shared a few feelings after being baptized and she cried in it. That of course, made me cry, but it was a very touching testimony. She's been waiting and ready to be baptized for 3 years. Her husband never wanted to get married or go to church though. But the Lord and us helped them get going together and they were baptized together. Constantly, she has been to church for 3 years. The husband has been to church three times now. I love them so much.

Let me tell you about a wedding here in Honduras because it's quite interesting and funny. So they have the building open and start marrying the couples at 8 AM. So we were the VERY first 2 people to get there, Southwick and I. But we ended up waiting for about an hour for the people to show up. They assign each couple a number and depending on who gets there first, they get the first number. If you get the last number, you end up getting married at like 11 or 12. So by the time the lawyer and the lady who assigns the numbers finally showed up. . .

*E-Mail was cut short due to technical difficulties in Honduras.

No comments:

Post a Comment