Sup, everyone? It sounds like things are going good. I am glad. I am beaming with joy because of that. Anyways, Goodwins, Hatch's, Allen's, it's getting to be that time of the week again. Monday email. Well, first of all, I want to tell you all thanks for writing me. I truly do love each and every one of you and enjoy hearing about your lives. So keep them coming.
This week was pretty cool. I am working still and helping people know the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. There are so many scriptures in the Bible and things that prove what we're doing is true, but I learned earlier on in my mission that the only way people will gain a true testimony is through reading the BOM and praying for themselves. I can help people gain their own testimony by sharing mine and inviting them to read, meditate, and pray, and when they do so, they can gain a testimony if they do so with faith and true intention.
This last week, President Veirs did something very different that has never been done before. He had ALL of the zone leaders, district leaders, and trainers in the mission together and he taught us all what we should be teaching to our districts and zones. So we were in San Pedro Sula for 3 days straight listening to him. We watched examples, read Preach My Gospel, felt the spirit, and practiced doing things a TON. I know that I learned a lot and that it really helped me be a better missionary. I really love President Veirs and know that he was called by our Heavenly Father to be here.
We have one investigator who has been to church 2 times. He lives right next to us and is like 60 years old. He is reading from the BOM and knows that it is true and has told us that the next step would be baptism. But there is a problem with him that we're working on. He smokes. And it's very hard for him because his friends all smoke too. But we are going to be fasting with him this week on a specified day. I really hope that he can quit smoking.
We were running around reminding people about church and getting people up in the morning yesterday and I was able to see a miracle. The Lord blessed us tremendously. I know that he helped us. We went to one of our family's house and the mom was saying things like, my mouth hurts. I have to iron. I have to cook breakfast. I knew she was just making excuses and I knew that going to church would help her sooooooooooo much and that she would feel the spirit, so I shared my testimony and said I'll iron while you cook so that you can all be ready on time.
She is an extremely inactive member. Her dad died as a VERY strong and active member and was always telling her she needed to go to church. She started going to another church though. She kept making more excuses and said she was going to have to talk it over with her pastor and I told her that she didn't need to do that, she just needed to pray and ask God. That's the unique part of OUR message, we don't say, BELIEVE and BECOME CONVERTED, right NOW. We invite to read and ponder and pray to our Heavenly Father. Not ask the bishop or a pastor.
She really started thinking and the husband was saying he had to go work, but otherwise he would go and next week he would. He is a trucker and we would later find out that he didn't have to leave until 3 in the afternoon. I told them I know that we're being persistent right now, but it's only because we know this will help you and we love you. And I receive many blessings from going to church. I feel the spirit, I come to know my best friend Jesus Christ better, and I learn more about his Gospel at His church. You all can as well. But we're not going to force you. They said not this week, but next week for sure. That made me a little disappointed and sad.
But I know they felt the spirit and were talking after we left because they came to church!!!! As a complete family. Rosa hasn't been to church for YEARS now, and we helped her go back!!!! She is the only member in the family. I was seriously SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy. After the opening prayer, I looked up from the stand because I was playing the piano and I saw them sitting in the congregation. I was smiling so big and wanted to go down there and give them a big hug. They told me they realized how important it was afterwards and hurried and got ready. And the mom has told us that the two kids would like to be baptized and we are teaching them as a complete family. We want to really work with the dad too so that they can be baptized as a complete family.
I think after they felt of how important it was after we told them why it was important for us and they felt the spirit. Elder Southwick was able to share a few things as well and they went to church and said they're going to start going constantly! Yes! I know that the Lord helped us and I know they will be baptized. I really love this area. I think it's my favorite area in the mission.
We heard the dad of another family pray and we really felt the spirit in that as well. It was the first time that he had said a prayer in our lessons. But we just kept telling him how important it was and he needs to pray to receive his answer about the church because he always says, next time. Next time. I need more time. But we were really persistent with him this last week and we really felt the spirit with him.
I just know that this work is about love and about showing people how important and dear this message is. I know if they feel of our love first, they will be receptive to the teachings and follow through with the committments.
We also have an investigator who has been to church about 5 times and just needs to get his answer and read from the BOM before his baptism. I know he'll be baptized next month. Because he has many friends in the church and is really smart. He is 15 years old.
Well, it's getting to be about that time again. Wrapping things up. Don't stop going to church, keep being obedient to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel, and laugh. Laughter is amazing and helps me cope with stress and challenges. I love you all and let me tell you, you have all taught me many valuable lessons. Thanks for your example and the time you take to write me. I LOVE YOU.
Elder Goodwin
This week was pretty cool. I am working still and helping people know the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. There are so many scriptures in the Bible and things that prove what we're doing is true, but I learned earlier on in my mission that the only way people will gain a true testimony is through reading the BOM and praying for themselves. I can help people gain their own testimony by sharing mine and inviting them to read, meditate, and pray, and when they do so, they can gain a testimony if they do so with faith and true intention.
This last week, President Veirs did something very different that has never been done before. He had ALL of the zone leaders, district leaders, and trainers in the mission together and he taught us all what we should be teaching to our districts and zones. So we were in San Pedro Sula for 3 days straight listening to him. We watched examples, read Preach My Gospel, felt the spirit, and practiced doing things a TON. I know that I learned a lot and that it really helped me be a better missionary. I really love President Veirs and know that he was called by our Heavenly Father to be here.
We have one investigator who has been to church 2 times. He lives right next to us and is like 60 years old. He is reading from the BOM and knows that it is true and has told us that the next step would be baptism. But there is a problem with him that we're working on. He smokes. And it's very hard for him because his friends all smoke too. But we are going to be fasting with him this week on a specified day. I really hope that he can quit smoking.
We were running around reminding people about church and getting people up in the morning yesterday and I was able to see a miracle. The Lord blessed us tremendously. I know that he helped us. We went to one of our family's house and the mom was saying things like, my mouth hurts. I have to iron. I have to cook breakfast. I knew she was just making excuses and I knew that going to church would help her sooooooooooo much and that she would feel the spirit, so I shared my testimony and said I'll iron while you cook so that you can all be ready on time.
She is an extremely inactive member. Her dad died as a VERY strong and active member and was always telling her she needed to go to church. She started going to another church though. She kept making more excuses and said she was going to have to talk it over with her pastor and I told her that she didn't need to do that, she just needed to pray and ask God. That's the unique part of OUR message, we don't say, BELIEVE and BECOME CONVERTED, right NOW. We invite to read and ponder and pray to our Heavenly Father. Not ask the bishop or a pastor.
She really started thinking and the husband was saying he had to go work, but otherwise he would go and next week he would. He is a trucker and we would later find out that he didn't have to leave until 3 in the afternoon. I told them I know that we're being persistent right now, but it's only because we know this will help you and we love you. And I receive many blessings from going to church. I feel the spirit, I come to know my best friend Jesus Christ better, and I learn more about his Gospel at His church. You all can as well. But we're not going to force you. They said not this week, but next week for sure. That made me a little disappointed and sad.
But I know they felt the spirit and were talking after we left because they came to church!!!! As a complete family. Rosa hasn't been to church for YEARS now, and we helped her go back!!!! She is the only member in the family. I was seriously SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy. After the opening prayer, I looked up from the stand because I was playing the piano and I saw them sitting in the congregation. I was smiling so big and wanted to go down there and give them a big hug. They told me they realized how important it was afterwards and hurried and got ready. And the mom has told us that the two kids would like to be baptized and we are teaching them as a complete family. We want to really work with the dad too so that they can be baptized as a complete family.
I think after they felt of how important it was after we told them why it was important for us and they felt the spirit. Elder Southwick was able to share a few things as well and they went to church and said they're going to start going constantly! Yes! I know that the Lord helped us and I know they will be baptized. I really love this area. I think it's my favorite area in the mission.
We heard the dad of another family pray and we really felt the spirit in that as well. It was the first time that he had said a prayer in our lessons. But we just kept telling him how important it was and he needs to pray to receive his answer about the church because he always says, next time. Next time. I need more time. But we were really persistent with him this last week and we really felt the spirit with him.
I just know that this work is about love and about showing people how important and dear this message is. I know if they feel of our love first, they will be receptive to the teachings and follow through with the committments.
We also have an investigator who has been to church about 5 times and just needs to get his answer and read from the BOM before his baptism. I know he'll be baptized next month. Because he has many friends in the church and is really smart. He is 15 years old.
Well, it's getting to be about that time again. Wrapping things up. Don't stop going to church, keep being obedient to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel, and laugh. Laughter is amazing and helps me cope with stress and challenges. I love you all and let me tell you, you have all taught me many valuable lessons. Thanks for your example and the time you take to write me. I LOVE YOU.
Elder Goodwin

No comments:
Post a Comment