Well, this last week, we had 3 baptizmal suits in use.
The first one was for a kid that didn't like going to the church his mom goes to and lives less than a block from the true church. He started going about a month ago and really likes it. He is 11. He was baptized. I baptized him. I had to do it 4 times because he kept sticking his foot out of the water. So finally, on the fourth time, I just had my companion stand in the baptizmal font to push his feet down if he stuck them up.
The other 2 were daughters of an inactive. She had stopped going to church becaus her dad stopped going. Her dad is the guy we re-activated 2 weeks ago. He is now going continuously. And we found her and her 2 daughters. The daughters have now been to church 3 times. It is a great joy seeing people re-activated in the church and baptized. Sundays are SO stressful when you have a confirmation as a missionary because you KNOW that the person has to go to church. My companion has helped me with about 5 blessings already since he's been here.
Last week, I got to play basketball and it felt so good. Let me tell you something about the skill level of Latinos when it comes to basketball....well, they should stick with soccer. But it was fun. I enjoyed myself. I know they are just learning.
I think I am turning into an old geezer though because the next day, I could barely manage walking up the hills and maneuvering myself. I could barely walk. Gall. I'll have to do some serious P90 when I get back.
There's 2 inactives that live close to each other and they go every once in a while. One is 12 and one is 15. So I went to one of their houses and told him that I had a really important job for him. I had him sign a slip that said "I promise to go to the other guy's house to bring him to church every Sunday before church starts," so that they would both go again. He signed it and Pablo went last week! But, the first guy didn't. I think he just went to his house and said, "Get ready for church." And then went back to his house. We'll have to investigate that.
As DL, I have to give inspirational messages every week to the district and zone using scripts and Preach My Gospel. I gave my very first one last week. It went well. I talked about dilligence and read a scripture about Nephi in Helaman. There are a couple Elders in my district who really don't care too much about the rules. I'll love them and try to be pacience. I really hope that they turn around.
I went on divisions with a ZL named Elder Johns. He just barely got here in The Fesitranh Zone. A week ago. He is SICK. He is way awesome and we get along GREAT. We were able to get a lot of work done and find some inactives with some people in the family who aren't members.
I also am in charge of doing the baptizmal interviews for people who are going to get baptized. I did 2 last week in the Zone Leader's area and 1 in Elder Stevenson's area. They went well. I actually wasn't nervous or anything. I usually get myself freaked out and stressed over new things that are entrusted to me, but I wasn't nervous. The Lord blessed me. Every single weekend should be a bit crazy from here on out in my mission because I have to run all over the place to do baptizmal interviews for the other areas.
Elder Southwick and I went running. It was AWESOME! YEAH! He ran XC for Fremont which is a 5A school and I have to admit that the competitive part of me came out while we were ranning and I just pushed him up the hills and showed him how we do things in Cedar High. It was really fun. Running is awesome.
I have had so many experiences that allow me to relate to others. I am so blessed. I know the Lord blessed me with a VARIETY of experiences in order to help touch the lives of his children in Honduras. This last week, we were about to eat, but we just felt we should go to the house of a member who was baptized about 4 or 5 months ago. We shared a small scripture and tears started welling up in her eyes.
She explained to us that she feels all alone and that she is depressed and discouraged. Her situation is that she was living with her very cute little daughter who is 9 years old, but about 3 weeks ago, she moved out because she had to go to school at a different town. She said that it's hard to keep going to church. She said that she has so many problems and just cried and cried. They robbed everything she had not too long ago. She is barely getting by financially. Her little girl is very far away. We just gave her a blessing of comfort. The Lord truly filled my mouth and I said stuff that I wasn't even expecting. My companion told her Jesus Christ knows how she feels and that she needs to keep moving forward to have a place in his kingdom. My companion is learning WAY quick. He's a stud.
A very strong spirit was felt last week and I am grateful to be a missionary. There are challenges, but they can be overcome. I know that as I keep enduring and enjoying things, I will look back and have fond, joyous memories.
My companion continues to learn and he is a hard-worker. I am enjoying working with him and he is liking Honduras.
The church is very true and we are blessed. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!
Elder Goodwin
The first one was for a kid that didn't like going to the church his mom goes to and lives less than a block from the true church. He started going about a month ago and really likes it. He is 11. He was baptized. I baptized him. I had to do it 4 times because he kept sticking his foot out of the water. So finally, on the fourth time, I just had my companion stand in the baptizmal font to push his feet down if he stuck them up.
The other 2 were daughters of an inactive. She had stopped going to church becaus her dad stopped going. Her dad is the guy we re-activated 2 weeks ago. He is now going continuously. And we found her and her 2 daughters. The daughters have now been to church 3 times. It is a great joy seeing people re-activated in the church and baptized. Sundays are SO stressful when you have a confirmation as a missionary because you KNOW that the person has to go to church. My companion has helped me with about 5 blessings already since he's been here.
Last week, I got to play basketball and it felt so good. Let me tell you something about the skill level of Latinos when it comes to basketball....well, they should stick with soccer. But it was fun. I enjoyed myself. I know they are just learning.
I think I am turning into an old geezer though because the next day, I could barely manage walking up the hills and maneuvering myself. I could barely walk. Gall. I'll have to do some serious P90 when I get back.
There's 2 inactives that live close to each other and they go every once in a while. One is 12 and one is 15. So I went to one of their houses and told him that I had a really important job for him. I had him sign a slip that said "I promise to go to the other guy's house to bring him to church every Sunday before church starts," so that they would both go again. He signed it and Pablo went last week! But, the first guy didn't. I think he just went to his house and said, "Get ready for church." And then went back to his house. We'll have to investigate that.
As DL, I have to give inspirational messages every week to the district and zone using scripts and Preach My Gospel. I gave my very first one last week. It went well. I talked about dilligence and read a scripture about Nephi in Helaman. There are a couple Elders in my district who really don't care too much about the rules. I'll love them and try to be pacience. I really hope that they turn around.
I went on divisions with a ZL named Elder Johns. He just barely got here in The Fesitranh Zone. A week ago. He is SICK. He is way awesome and we get along GREAT. We were able to get a lot of work done and find some inactives with some people in the family who aren't members.
I also am in charge of doing the baptizmal interviews for people who are going to get baptized. I did 2 last week in the Zone Leader's area and 1 in Elder Stevenson's area. They went well. I actually wasn't nervous or anything. I usually get myself freaked out and stressed over new things that are entrusted to me, but I wasn't nervous. The Lord blessed me. Every single weekend should be a bit crazy from here on out in my mission because I have to run all over the place to do baptizmal interviews for the other areas.
Elder Southwick and I went running. It was AWESOME! YEAH! He ran XC for Fremont which is a 5A school and I have to admit that the competitive part of me came out while we were ranning and I just pushed him up the hills and showed him how we do things in Cedar High. It was really fun. Running is awesome.
I have had so many experiences that allow me to relate to others. I am so blessed. I know the Lord blessed me with a VARIETY of experiences in order to help touch the lives of his children in Honduras. This last week, we were about to eat, but we just felt we should go to the house of a member who was baptized about 4 or 5 months ago. We shared a small scripture and tears started welling up in her eyes.
She explained to us that she feels all alone and that she is depressed and discouraged. Her situation is that she was living with her very cute little daughter who is 9 years old, but about 3 weeks ago, she moved out because she had to go to school at a different town. She said that it's hard to keep going to church. She said that she has so many problems and just cried and cried. They robbed everything she had not too long ago. She is barely getting by financially. Her little girl is very far away. We just gave her a blessing of comfort. The Lord truly filled my mouth and I said stuff that I wasn't even expecting. My companion told her Jesus Christ knows how she feels and that she needs to keep moving forward to have a place in his kingdom. My companion is learning WAY quick. He's a stud.
A very strong spirit was felt last week and I am grateful to be a missionary. There are challenges, but they can be overcome. I know that as I keep enduring and enjoying things, I will look back and have fond, joyous memories.
My companion continues to learn and he is a hard-worker. I am enjoying working with him and he is liking Honduras.
The church is very true and we are blessed. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!
Elder Goodwin

No comments:
Post a Comment