ATTENTION
Elder Goodwin will return home from Honduras on Thursday, June 30. His mission report will be on Sunday, July 10 at 1:00 PM at the church on Greenslake Drive. All are welcome to attend.

Monday, August 16, 2010

08.16.10

WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPP

Hey, Family,

How are you doing? I hope that you can always respond to that question in a good way and that you can always say to me that you are doing good. Well, another week has come and gone. I blink and it's time to write yet another e-mail. I blink and it's Monday again. What the heck? Who turned my mission on fast-forward?

Anyways, I enjoyed your e-mails (As usual). Anyways, I thought I'd share with you all a quote that Mandy typed to me, "I'm not that prideful. Cuz you know what comes after pride.....destruction. I don't like destruction, so I'm not prideful." Haha. That is a great quote, huh? Anyways, it made me laugh, I hope that you all liked it.

Anyways, this week was pretty cool. Do you know what I did this morning? Went to Burger King and at some French Toast sticks and a sausage croissant and a cup of orange juice. I disappointed myself pretty bad because I was quite full after eating a breakfast as small as what I just mentioned. I am going to have to re-train my body to adapt to 3 or 4 hamburgers when I get back with ease.

So allow me to explain some things that happened this week. Do you remember the guy that had stopped going to church about 12 years ago that we helped re-activate? He was WAY sick on Saturday and didn't sleep 1 minute because of a terrible stomach ache. But he got up and got ready and went to church. He said he didn't want to skip Sunday and be a liar because he had told us that he was going to go. He has been going for 4 straight Sundays now! That makes me so happy! I know that the spirit helped us re-activate him.

We are teaching a part member family right now who are really cool. The mom is already a member, but her 2 kids are not members. One said that Jehova's Witnesses, Evangelists, and Catholics have visited him but he really didn't like any of them. And he said he really liked our appointments and is getting excited about things. He wants to go to church and he plays in a band. He plays the drums. He also plays the guitar a little bit. He is really awesome. He is 15 years old.

We were teaching a lesson to a guy last week and while we were teaching, he just asked us this question: "What do I need to do to be baptized in your church?" Wow, that was neat. But we told him to study, ponder, and pray and to go to church. Missionaries have already visited him before and he is pretty humble. He already has a BOM. I'm thinking that we'll have his baptism at the beginning of September. He knows a lot of members.

The lights went out last week and when that happens, they have advised us to go to our house and wait there until they come back on. But, Elder Southwick and I had a really great bonding moment when they went out. We just talked about how truly simple the Gospel is. If we obey the commandments, we are blessed. It's simple. And we talked about our families and how special they are to us. The Gospel truly blesses families. I really love my companion. He is really awesome.

KISSES AND HUGS AND LOVE FOR EVERYONE! Anyways, that sounded pretty hippy-like, but it's getting about time to wrap up another e-mail. I am loving things and I feel weird when it's P day because I'm not teaching and contacting. I know I'll be like an alien to you all when I get back. LOVE YOU!

Elder Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment