ATTENTION
Elder Goodwin will return home from Honduras on Thursday, June 30. His mission report will be on Sunday, July 10 at 1:00 PM at the church on Greenslake Drive. All are welcome to attend.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

05.10.10

I just want to say to all of you that you are basically awesome. It was really fun to hear your voices and I'm glad that you helped me out with me English a little bit. Hopefully I don't completely forget my English before I get back.

It's good to hear that my family is doing so good. They deserve it. I want to send another special shout-out to Mom and say happy Mother's Day. She really is a GREAT mom, huh? Thanks for being such a great, unselfish example.

Well, like you all said, I basically said all I wanted to....um, not much to report on after that. We played soccer with President Cruz this morning. He is so funny when we play soccer with him. When he plays, he gets way intense and yells at his team. I think that he is just going to try and play with all the zones before he takes off.

So a lady started eating with us this last week and started asking us 50 million questions about food. Do you like this? Do you like that? And I just kept saying, yes, yes, yes, yes. So finally I just said, I will say yes to whatever kind of food you say.

So anyways, our investigators are doing good. We have one guy, his dad just doesn't want to give him permission. The girl will be baptized this week. We are going to work with her mom a lot the coming weeks and we have a lot of smart other ones too. We'll just keep on working.

One thing I'd just like to mention to you all about happiness that I have learned. I have learned in the mission field that after the joyous experience of our baptisms and the wonderful feeling you get after coming up out of the water, it doesn't mean that you will then have a perfect life. There are always challenges and difficulties and mountains to climb and races to get through. But after our baptism, we received the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and if we have that in our lives, we really have the key to happiness in our lives. REGARDLESS of circumstance. We have all been baptized. No one can make us unhappy or have any sort of negative feelings. That is a decision that we make by ourselves. We can always have a smile on. We have the Gospel. We have our family very strong and united. What else matters? Lets be happy.

I do recognize how many things I have learned. I know I didn't do it alone either. I know that I was and still am divinely helped. I know that His hand is in this work and ANY success I have, it is due to Him. I am simply an instrument in his hands and I might as well let him sculpt and mold me and let myself reach my potential WITH Him and hard work. It was great to hear your voice too. The more you give, the happier you are. And the more you can bless others as well. It just falls into place, doesn't it? Finding a waterfall won't be a problem because there is one here in Mezapa. But she is saying maybe the ocean as well. It's only about an hour from here so we're just like, either one is fine. That's not too important where we have it. But she has asked me to baptize her.

I just want to thank you all for being way awesome.

I have learned in this mission that we have the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. That doesn't mean that we will have perfect lives without any problems. It means we have the solution to any problem we will encounter. I know that it is a choice to be happy, and whatever happens to us, we can choose to be happy. I know that we can't let negativity and other outside sources distract us from being happy. Those things can't affect us if we let it be that way. We can always choose to have a smile on and count our MANY blessings.

WE HAVE AN AWESOME FAMILY!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!

Elder Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment