ATTENTION
Elder Goodwin will return home from Honduras on Thursday, June 30. His mission report will be on Sunday, July 10 at 1:00 PM at the church on Greenslake Drive. All are welcome to attend.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

05.30.11

Hey family,

How is everyone doing? Word to my family. I have 4 weeks left until
I finish my time in Honduras I just barely got back from playing
basketball. It went well.

I am sad to report that 2 of my fingers are cut open. Let me
elaborate. So my fan has been rigged by a Honduras man who wanted it
to spin faster and there is no fan cover for it. It's just an open
fan that spins extremely fast. So I have it at the end of my bed at
night time and last night I got really cold and I decided I'd turn it
off. I was half asleep so I wasn't able to see very good. I reached
out to turn it off and the fan hit my hand really hard. So I went in
with my other hand and it got my other hand too. So now I have 2
injured, cut fingers on both hands. Haha. Don't worry though, I have
duct tape.

Well what else is new? Oh yeah, Jose got baptized. He said that he
plans on sharing the Gospel with his daughters. He truly is chosen.
He said he didn't feel like where he was going was the truth and we
found him about 3 weeks ago.

There was a discouraging thing that happened to one of our families. They
got into a fight and one of them scratched another's arm pretty deep. So he
gathered up all his stuff and just left. He is now living in Olancho.
So we are praying that they can get back together. The Mother
feels pretty sad about it. We called the Father and he said he can't put
up with it anymore and so he left. We reminded him about enduring to
the end and counseled him to have a chat with the Branch President.
But he is still in Olancho. We try and send him scriptures every once
in a while.

Not too much else to report on. Sure do love you. I bought a couple
hammacks and a couple mashetties to bring home. I found a couple
shirts and a Honduras hat too. So I'll bring that home.

LOVE YOU!

Elder Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment