Last week, we had a Multi-zone Conference with Colon and La Ceiba.
One of my children is in La Ceiba as Zone Leader and my other child
Elder Southwick is in Colon. So we were all reunited.....WE ARE
FAMILY! We were able to take some family pictures. They're in the
Olanchito folder. I'm proud of my sons.
Elder Ellett and I had a really neat experience yesterday. We had
given an old lady a ridiculously huge Bible because she said she likes
to read the word of God, but it's really hard for her because the
words are so small in her Bible. We have a humungous Bible in our
house and we gave it to her with a note in the front saying that God
has revealed more sacred text in our days. It's in a book called The
Book of Mormon.
We went to her house and her grandkids and her daughter were there
too. We small talked for a while and then started teaching. We
simply just started talking about the story of the BOM and bore our
testimony of it's truthfulness. The spirit filled the entire room.
It was definitely evident. And it wasn't just "some other lesson."
We asked the daughter how she felt and she said she felt a
peaceful, nice feeling. And we explained that what we were feeling is
the Holy Ghost and that after becoming member of the Church of Jesus
Christ, it is a gift that is promised unto us. The constant
companionship of the Holy Ghost.
It was sweet. Elder Ellett and I walked out of the house and we were
like, "That was awesome!" I just wanted to stay there forever to keep
feeling it.
I told our cook that I like eggs better than meat this last week and
she warned me not to eat too many eggs. She said, "Be careful because
eggs have a lot of cholesterol in them." I told her not to worry
about that because I have a cereal that lowers my cholesterol so it
all balances out. Honey Nut Cheerios. Hahaha, it was way funny. She
just looked at Elder Ellett and I because we both starting laughing
way hard.
We are teaching a really cool family right now. We
really feel good when we go and visit them and it's definitely not a
coincidence that we started teaching them. Within the last month, the
wife has lost her son and her father in law to death. Her son was
killed and her father in law had a bad heart. We didn't have them
planned last week and one of our appointments fell through so we
figured we would go and visit them and see how they were. We got
there 30 minutes after they found out about the father in law's death.
We gave her a priesthood blessing and said a prayer. She was
grateful for it. She seemed pretty sad. She's also pregnant right
now.
Do you know where Elder Ellett studied in college? Harvard. WOW!
What a brainiac, right? He's a smart, humble kid. And he
says he used to always eat at Brad's. Small world, huh? I really
hope we're together for at least another change. And then we'll see
who kills me. Last week, he put me in a submission because I tried to
take him down to the floor and next thing I know he had my arms pinned
down with his legs and he was over the top of me. We have fun
together.
There's some very outrageous lies that other churches spread about our
church. That we sacrifice the first-born of each family in the
temple. That we worship Joseph Smith. That we don't believe in the
Bible. That we aren't Christian. It's frustrating that people listen
to the lies anybody tells them about our church. We tell people that
if they have a question, ask us. If you want to know about soccer,
you wouldn't go to a basketball player and ask him. You'd go to a
soccer player. We're the team that knows.
There's another really big bit of apostacy in all of Honduras too.
When you talk about the true church and testify of it they say, "No,
our body is the true church of Jesus Christ. We are His church."
Because they misinterpret the scripture that says our body is a
temple. We always read in Ephesians 2:20 or Ephesians 4 which talks
about Christ organizing His church and then Ellet and I testify and
invite people to pray to find out if it is the true church we
represent. Because God wouldn't deceive them. Trust in Him and ask
Him.
There's a lot of inactives in Olanchito. I read an article in the
Liahona that I thought was neat. It talks about a guy who was with
his family driving somewhere and they saw a Lamb Corral. There was a
baby lamb who had gotten out of the Corral and was frantically running
around trying to get back in to where all the other lambs were. The
guy was worried about the baby lamb because it could get hit by a car
or become in danger out of the corral so he jumped out of his car to
"rescue it."
He started towards the baby lamb with the good intentions of rescuing
it and putting it back in the corral but to his surprise, the lamb
dashed away from him in fear. Other people got involved that were
witnessing him chase the lamb around trying to catch it and they
finally cornered it and grabbed it. Then they put it back in the
corral.
He said that's how it is with inactives sometimes. Although they may
become bothered or don't appreciate or notice our "good intentions of
saving them," at first, that doesn't mean we should stop trying. That
doesn't mean we should stop loving them.
I feel weird knowing that I have very few weeks left in Honduras.
It's a strange feeling to know that my time is becoming shorter and
shorter. I'm amazed at the experiences I've had and the strength I've
been able to receive in my testimony.
I LOVE YOU!!!! The Book of Mormon is true and brings much peace and
solace to the human heart. The Lord gave it to us to increase our
faith in Him and to help us live His Gospel so that we can have peace
and happiness in our lives and one day return to live with Him.
Elder Goodwin
One of my children is in La Ceiba as Zone Leader and my other child
Elder Southwick is in Colon. So we were all reunited.....WE ARE
FAMILY! We were able to take some family pictures. They're in the
Olanchito folder. I'm proud of my sons.
Elder Ellett and I had a really neat experience yesterday. We had
given an old lady a ridiculously huge Bible because she said she likes
to read the word of God, but it's really hard for her because the
words are so small in her Bible. We have a humungous Bible in our
house and we gave it to her with a note in the front saying that God
has revealed more sacred text in our days. It's in a book called The
Book of Mormon.
We went to her house and her grandkids and her daughter were there
too. We small talked for a while and then started teaching. We
simply just started talking about the story of the BOM and bore our
testimony of it's truthfulness. The spirit filled the entire room.
It was definitely evident. And it wasn't just "some other lesson."
We asked the daughter how she felt and she said she felt a
peaceful, nice feeling. And we explained that what we were feeling is
the Holy Ghost and that after becoming member of the Church of Jesus
Christ, it is a gift that is promised unto us. The constant
companionship of the Holy Ghost.
It was sweet. Elder Ellett and I walked out of the house and we were
like, "That was awesome!" I just wanted to stay there forever to keep
feeling it.
I told our cook that I like eggs better than meat this last week and
she warned me not to eat too many eggs. She said, "Be careful because
eggs have a lot of cholesterol in them." I told her not to worry
about that because I have a cereal that lowers my cholesterol so it
all balances out. Honey Nut Cheerios. Hahaha, it was way funny. She
just looked at Elder Ellett and I because we both starting laughing
way hard.
We are teaching a really cool family right now. We
really feel good when we go and visit them and it's definitely not a
coincidence that we started teaching them. Within the last month, the
wife has lost her son and her father in law to death. Her son was
killed and her father in law had a bad heart. We didn't have them
planned last week and one of our appointments fell through so we
figured we would go and visit them and see how they were. We got
there 30 minutes after they found out about the father in law's death.
We gave her a priesthood blessing and said a prayer. She was
grateful for it. She seemed pretty sad. She's also pregnant right
now.
Do you know where Elder Ellett studied in college? Harvard. WOW!
What a brainiac, right? He's a smart, humble kid. And he
says he used to always eat at Brad's. Small world, huh? I really
hope we're together for at least another change. And then we'll see
who kills me. Last week, he put me in a submission because I tried to
take him down to the floor and next thing I know he had my arms pinned
down with his legs and he was over the top of me. We have fun
together.
There's some very outrageous lies that other churches spread about our
church. That we sacrifice the first-born of each family in the
temple. That we worship Joseph Smith. That we don't believe in the
Bible. That we aren't Christian. It's frustrating that people listen
to the lies anybody tells them about our church. We tell people that
if they have a question, ask us. If you want to know about soccer,
you wouldn't go to a basketball player and ask him. You'd go to a
soccer player. We're the team that knows.
There's another really big bit of apostacy in all of Honduras too.
When you talk about the true church and testify of it they say, "No,
our body is the true church of Jesus Christ. We are His church."
Because they misinterpret the scripture that says our body is a
temple. We always read in Ephesians 2:20 or Ephesians 4 which talks
about Christ organizing His church and then Ellet and I testify and
invite people to pray to find out if it is the true church we
represent. Because God wouldn't deceive them. Trust in Him and ask
Him.
There's a lot of inactives in Olanchito. I read an article in the
Liahona that I thought was neat. It talks about a guy who was with
his family driving somewhere and they saw a Lamb Corral. There was a
baby lamb who had gotten out of the Corral and was frantically running
around trying to get back in to where all the other lambs were. The
guy was worried about the baby lamb because it could get hit by a car
or become in danger out of the corral so he jumped out of his car to
"rescue it."
He started towards the baby lamb with the good intentions of rescuing
it and putting it back in the corral but to his surprise, the lamb
dashed away from him in fear. Other people got involved that were
witnessing him chase the lamb around trying to catch it and they
finally cornered it and grabbed it. Then they put it back in the
corral.
He said that's how it is with inactives sometimes. Although they may
become bothered or don't appreciate or notice our "good intentions of
saving them," at first, that doesn't mean we should stop trying. That
doesn't mean we should stop loving them.
I feel weird knowing that I have very few weeks left in Honduras.
It's a strange feeling to know that my time is becoming shorter and
shorter. I'm amazed at the experiences I've had and the strength I've
been able to receive in my testimony.
I LOVE YOU!!!! The Book of Mormon is true and brings much peace and
solace to the human heart. The Lord gave it to us to increase our
faith in Him and to help us live His Gospel so that we can have peace
and happiness in our lives and one day return to live with Him.
Elder Goodwin

No comments:
Post a Comment