Wow! My 2 months here has flown by! I have been here almost as long as I have been in spirit prison (MTC) and it doesn't seem nearly as long here. FAST! You all know the routine: first my death defying adventures, and then on to your emails. Thanks for always sending them. I really do love just sitting here and reading them.
This week, I caught a scorpion thing called an Alacran and smashed it and guess where it is? Yep, taped in my journal. Man, I have a sweet collection.
So yesterday, it rained and it rained and it rained. I felt like Forrest Gump. And then it rained some more in the night. The rain is foolish and gets my stuff wet but it was 76 degrees in my house! Very cool! Seriously, normally it's 85 to 92 degrees during the night. Right now it's the rain season.
This week, apparently I slept talked says Rivera. I told him he should've wrote down what I said because I was prophesying who we should baptize next. But I don't remember anything.
We are still teaching Virgilio the 87 year old. He is really receptive and he walked all the way to church this Sunday like he said he would. He lives like 3/4 mile from the church and that is quite a feat for an 87 year old man. His knees were hurting him after though so we had a member give him a ride home.We have another investigator who is friends with alot of the Young Men and we have taught him the first 3 lessons and word of wisdom and law of chastity. He keeps saying he wants to keep learning before making a for sure decision and I was just like, "Do you like cake?" Of course, yes. "How much do you have to eat to know it's a good cake?" Only a little and that's the same with the Gospel, you don't need to know everything before baptism, Elder Rivera and I are still learning about the Gospel, that got him thinking so we left Alma 32 to read and we'll see how he's doing next appointment.
Armando, boyfriend of RM, has agreed to be baptized but not until the 10 of November. And he wants to be baptized by the Stake President. President Trochez. Pres. Trochez is so awesome. I've talked to him a few times and helped him move all his stuff to a new house (only 3 hours to move a whole house unpacked and everything!). He's really caring and spiritually sensitive. So it's usually not good to wait that long for a person to get baptized I have learned because Satan will try and be the errben Satan he is and tell the investigator all sorts of reasons why they shouldn't and bring up doubts. We're going to call Pres. Trochez and see if he can talk him into sooner because Armando really trusts and respects him.
There was a multi-zone meeting this week. I got to see E. Petersen (sweet elder from my MTC district) and reminisce about our crazy experiences in Honduras thus far. It was pretty neat. Pres Cruz talked and got us pumped up again.
So someone this week for the first time told me that my spanish is really good. It was glorious to hear this. The ex-bishop told me that next change, I'll be sr companion but I don't believe it. He said that he's seen Elders with the same amount of time I have here who can barely say como esta? And that I'm speaking really good. Thanks OCD!
We have another investigator named Eduardo who is the brother in law of a really strong member in our ward. She is the primary president actually. Eduardo's wife is a member too and after we taught lesson 1, she gave a really powerful testimony so that is good. We'll see how that goes.
So I got to do another brow sweating Honduras service project this week. This one involved machetes. Oh yeah. But how people clear out weeds and stuff here is just to crouch down with a machete and start hacking. That was pretty fun for about the first hour. Then I started realizing it's freaking hot, it's freaking humid, I'm freaking sore. Haha, but I got 2 sweet new blisters and kept going on. We worked for like 3 or 4 hours.
The primary program was this Sunday and all went well. I played the piano, the kids sang, and the new bishop talked. Good spirit.
No I haven't been stranded in the jungle for a while now. But the doors in the picture are just some abandoned house Rivera and I thought would make a good picture. The doors aren't like that and you hardly ever knock. You just sit outside the door and say "BUENAS" really loud and someone comes to the door to talk with you.
I love you all and this church is true. There's so much logical evidence of this reality too. It's a great blessing that we were all born into it. Keep the emails coming, I love them.
Elder Goodwin

No comments:
Post a Comment